Saturday, February 6, 2010

Mean Green

I absolutely love the Green movement.  I think it's hilarious!  I love how ever since I was in elementary school people have been saying "Recycle" and it's only catching on now.  I love how people work, as a whole.  I love how the movement has brought tons of amazing breakthroughs that would otherwise remain dormant in the minds of Hippies everywhere.  Solar power for example.  Before this movement, solar power was the ugly van that what's his face drove in the movie Honey I Shrunk the Kids, it wasn't real... it wasn't attractive.  It was sci-fi, it was something to laugh about.  Solar power now is hott, it's powering houses, it's cutting prices left and right... it's AMAZING!  Solar power is the "way of the future".  And don't forget about Wind Power!  OMG!  Who woulda thought?

Although many of the Hybrid vehicles now aren't solar powered (just yet) they are another way of saving money where we don't need to be spending it (foreign affairs I will not go into).  Side note:  The new Toyota Prius does have solar powered air conditioning, it's only a matter of time... Ok, where was I.  Hybrids now are a great option and are a wonderful way to reduce a person's carbon footprint.  Which is a great thing to do, research it!

The options I'm in love with:



There are tons of things you can do to make our world a better place, there are tons of resources out there as well.  This is a good start: Go Green! 

As for me, my dreams involve actually starting a garden, producing my own compost and continuing to recycle.  Also, maybe starting a small side business with a worm farm (they are great for compost).

My new favorite color is green.  It's not just a movement, it's a way of life... for us and more importantly for future generations.  Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment