Friday, August 31, 2012

Political Theories

I don't know that I consider myself one side or another in the political debate.  I like to think I keep an open mind and view both sides as equally greedy puppets used by the other people in the world that are pulling the strings.  I believe the strings get pulled by the people who have money.  It's unfortunate, but it does truly seem that it is those who have the money that make the rules/laws in this day and age.

Again, staying honest and open in my writing I will admit that back in 2008 I listened to Obama and all his speaking prowess and I fell in love with his ideas and promises.  Four years later, he hasn't done much of what he promised but I understand that a Midwestern boy with big ideas being pulled by the corporate strings, may not be able to do everything even he dreamed of.  So I allow the slide on a lot of the issues he mentioned in his campaign.  But should I? 

Jump ahead to now and we have a Republican Mormon running against him.  My first thoughts are "this is interesting".  When was the last time that we had a President, let alone a candidate from another religion other than 'Christianity'?  Hmmn... JFK?  Well, if memory serves me right (from History classes) the people were outraged that a man who believed something else would be President of them, of their country.  I recall teachers telling us for years that there were people in the days of the cold war that worried that the Pope would be the one calling the shots in office. 
Then mysteriously that poor Catholic man ended up dead, shot in the head by one mysterious bullet fired from a mysterious distance with a sad excuse for a weapon (by all accounts I have heard in History classes), there are plenty of theories of second shooters and set-ups.  Was this a coincidence that the first President from another religion was assassinated?

Now, let's just say that Mitt Romney and his magic underwear win the Presidency.  How long do we suspect the Puppet Masters will allow someone from another religion to have the reins?  What if, Romney gets wind of some suspicious activities that may end up being the end of him?  Let's just say that he goes to the Church and informs the Elders of his concerns that his life will be shortly ended by our corrupted government.  Now, if they wait it out and Romney does meet his demise, then the Mormon Church will have reason to believe that it was people in or controlling the government and then? 

The Mormon Church is actually rather large on it's own.  There are a large number of people who are Mormon and a lot of those people are in positions of power and importance.  What if, the Mormon Church rises up against or even exposes the corruption within the government?  What if they go to war with the Puppet Masters?  What if exposure causes everyone to really look closely at all the suspicious activity that has gone on in government for years going virtually unnoticed?  What if...?  What if, indeed. 

I may not be Republican, but some part of me is eager to see how it may unravel if Romney wins this election not because I believe in his views on any thing (at all) but because I believe it's time this corruption of our system came to an end.  I am so tired of hearing about all the greed that consumes our politicians on a daily basis.  I am so upset that corporations are controlling the way we lead our lives.  I would love with every thread of my being to get a President that could tackle the issue of affordable, renewable and effective energy for all, but with the oil companies in control of the entire world and no one fighting back... it feels as though all is lost presently.  Romney may be able to shake things up a bit, even if it is by being a martyr. 

I haven't made up my decision as to if I will be voting this November or not.  I do mostly just want to be able to sit back and watch.  But I think some part of me worries about the future too much to not put in my opinion.  I will most likely be voting for the Midwestern Boy to win again and hope that he has some ability to stand up for himself and get some things done right this time around.  We shall see.  Either way, no matter who wins, I am sure we are in for quite the show in the next 4 years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment