Monday, January 3, 2011

Television Programming Isn't What It Used To Be

When I was younger, my sister and I used to watch this show called Captain Planet.  I am serious.  Remember this guy?
 
     From what I remember the show was about saving the planet, quite literally from "bad guys" who pollute and try to destroy the land/air/water.  Grr!  It was all bad ass or was, when I was younger.  Then I got to thinking that perhaps it was shows like this that inspired me to be the type of person I am today.  The person who writes a blog (as infrequent as it is) about recycling and saving the planet from "bad things" like pollution and evil gas guzzling cars.  :)

     Then I got to thinking that perhaps the world or "planet" would be a much better place if television programming were similar to what it used to be.  Why did they stop showing Captain Planet?  What if they revamped the character and made it more in the "now"?  Wouldn't that be a great thing?  I think so.  I'm all for a rebirth of Captain Planet or at least something similar to help people grow up with the responsible mentality to take care of the planet together, rather than putting it on other people or just not worrying about it at all.

     We should share the responsibilities of cleaning this place up, it'll make the job seem a lot easier if we all work together.  

Think about it.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment